Friday, December 13, 2013

A Really Hard Week

Today's radiation treatment will be my 28th with just 2 more to go next week and my last chemotherapy treatment is on Monday. I should be more excited, but to be honest, it's been a hard week. 

My radiation oncologist says that my body is defending itself. Essentially, I've been using a radioactive-modified-high-intensity "tanning bed", zapping myself with enough radiation to kill a monkey and injecting enough poison on chemo days to do the same. All of that treatment is making my body want to expel everything. That means I've been "tossing my groceries" nearly daily. It wasn't until a friend introduced me to the medicinal properties of a certain "herb" that has helped with the nausea.

The fact that I can't keep food down makes me eat less, which has led to me losing even more weight. I am down to 171lbs and my doctor isn't pleased. Now, all of my food must go through my PEG tube now because of the mouth sores that have formed in my gums and inner lips. For a brief week, it was the salt in foods that burned me, now, it is everything. It doesn't take much chewing for it to rub the open wounds.

With the pain I'm going through, I will keep this week's post short. I will get through this. No matter the appearance of my current circumstances, I am still blessed. Thank you for your prayers.

 


~Robert B. Haase,
A Blessed Man


Be my friend on Facebook

http://www.gofundme.com/blessingbob

Email Me













No comments:

Post a Comment