Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Will Sleep Deeper Tonight

I've had an emotional day today. I woke up with fluids and gunk forcefully ejecting from my "neck hole" (tracheotomy) and was unable to take a deep breath... dealt with pain all over my body... knowing this will all pass, but I am too far from that luxury... there is so much happening, and I still don't have your pathology report from my big surgery from five-days ago. And then the doctor walks into my hospital room...

Everything. All of my stress, all of my pain and all of my emotions are suddenly put aside when I hear the words, they "got it all". The cancer has been cleared.

Thank you, Jesus, it's gone!

My logical center is saying, "Bob, you have been told that many times before, and each time the cancer returned. Don't get excited."

Then the argumentative reasoning part of you kicks in, "Yeah, but you've never followed surgery with a blasting 7-weeks of radiation while concurrently receiving pounding rounds of chemotherapy! You're gonna kick this thing square in the ass!"

I'm crying again. My prayers and the prayers of my friends and family have been answered. I don't know what else to say and I am so thankful for all of you. I am thankful for the smallest things in my day (my doctor made the Vulcan Star Trek sign with her hand and said, "Live long and prosper") and thankful for the big things, like this pathology report.

In the end and through it all, I remain a blessed man.

1 comment:

  1. Thats the news I was praying for!!! Stay strong and just keep plugin away. God will continue to bless your life through this journey that lies ahead. Blessings Bobby :)

    ReplyDelete